Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Goa- Wednesday 3/30/2011 10:00 am

     This morning we had success! Sajel actually ate rice cereal!  I was starting to worry she was only going to have bread, water and mango lassi (yes- she loves the mango lassi)! Oh the small things... :) Since my last update, things are looking much better. She finally is eating (a little), drinking, peeing, and pooping; no temps and she is staying awake much more. She still sleeps beautifully at night :) ! Last night, I put her in the pea pod (like a childs tent with a cusion) and she slept very well- no fussing at all.
     Yesterday, we went to the store, the beach, and the pool. I dipped her feet in the pool the other day (which did NOT go well) but she got in with me yesterday. She still was clingy, but she eventually fell asleep while we sat in the water. At the beach, she walked with her feet in the water. She cried some, but did sit with me in the sand and tolerated it fairly well. The sand was like powder- soo beautiful. The ocean was soo warm- like a bath. We also bought a few souveneirs from beach vendors- my husband haggled in true Indian fashion!
     Sajel is starting to act like a toddler now- she threw quite the temper tantrum the other night! She has some animal finger puppets (from Aunty Jodie) that she LOVES! She sits and plays with them a lot. She is very clingy with me and is acting scared of Marcus. She had no real contact with men before :( . Today, I am going to lounge by the pool for awhile and leave her alone with him. I hope she will start to realize he's an ok guy!
     I hope this finds you all well....Love, Sajel's Mom

2 comments:

  1. So it's real now...you will never be known to anybody(that pertains to your kid) by Jessica but always Sajel's mom. Hint...when someone asks if your Sajel's mom...do NOT answer yes....ASK WHY first!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet! Reading through this with tears of joy for you!!! I'll be praying for you and Marcus.....don't worry shell soon find out he's just a big Teddy bear and have him wrapped around her pinky!, totally agree with Erin on status as "Sajel's mom" but it still feels great! Congrats! Can't wait to meet the bundle of joy! You have to give us details on sizes and what you need when you get home! Love and prayers for the happy family ....safe travels Also! Sonja

    ReplyDelete