Friday, April 8, 2011

Bangalore April 7,2011


                We made it to Bangalore yesterday afternoon. Sajel did fine on the airplane- she slept the entire timeJ. The change has definitely affected her. She has been kind of cranky and does not enjoy spending time with other people. We hope once we get home and get her settled this will change. This is the 3rd place we’ve stayed since picking her up and I think she’s still unsure of who to trust. She continues to cling to me and insist on following me around when I’m not holding her. Marcus is still eagerly awaiting his chance to finally pick her up (surely it will come any day now!). We are staying with Aunty Rosie (Marcus’ dad’s sister) and Uncle Raju (who recently celebrated his 90th birthday!); they live in a very modern house in a gated community. It is very nice here and we have just spent the last day visiting, relaxing, and eating. Sajel is eating VERY well (except still no milk). She loves chapati, ukma, curd, and (of course) bread. Tomorrow we will go shopping for a few things and then Marcus’ dad arrives. He is teaching at a medical school in Malaysia and will come spend the weekend with us.
Our last few days in Goa were so nice. We had a cake for Sajel’s 2nd birthday (on the 4th). She really loved the icing and even shared with Marcus and I. Tuesday; we went to the beach and took some pictures. That evening we sat by the pool after a quick dip. We met a very nice man who lives in Pune and works at Spicer College. This is the school that many of Marcus’ family have attended and are affiliated with. More conversation led to finding out he taught at the Air Force Academy (Layne’s school) and also attended Andrew’s University (Marcus also attended)! What a small, small world! He was so nice and we enjoyed spending the evening talking with him. Wednesday I woke up feeling so sad. I really enjoyed our time in Goa and we were making such progress with Sajel. I hated to leave and was very worried about how Sajel would handle the change. She is doing better than I expected, but it must be scary for her.
We are having difficulty with the internet and phone here. I am actually writing my blog on WORD and will upload it when I can.  I am having withdrawal’s from Skype and Facebook!
Love,  Sajel’s Mom…..

No comments:

Post a Comment